Fear in the Sunlight (Josephine Tey Mysteries #4) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Josephine Tey Mysteries series.
- #1: An Expert in Murder: A Josephine Tey Mystery (Josephine Tey Mysteries #1) (Paperback): $13.99
- #2: Angel with Two Faces: A Mystery Featuring Josephine Tey (Josephine Tey Mysteries #2) (Paperback): $16.99
- #3: Two for Sorrow: A New Mystery Featuring Josephine Tey (Josephine Tey Mysteries #3) (Paperback): $16.99
- #5: The Death of Lucy Kyte: A New Mystery Featuring Josephine Tey (Josephine Tey Mysteries #5) (Paperback): $15.99
- #6: London Rain: A New Mystery Featuring Josephine Tey (Josephine Tey Mysteries #6) (Paperback): $17.84
- #7: Nine Lessons: A Josephine Tey Mystery (Paperback): $16.99
- #9: The Secrets of Winter: A Josephine Tey Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
- #10: Dear Little Corpses (A Josephine Tey Mystery #10) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #11: Shot With Crimson (A Josephine Tey Mystery #11) (Hardcover): $31.99
Nicola Upson blends biography and fiction, excitement and menace, and a touch of Alfred Hitchcock in Fear in the Sunlight, a mystery starring real-life writer Josephine Tey.
Summer, 1936: Josephine Tey joins her friends in the resort village of Portmeirion to celebrate her fortieth birthday. Alfred Hitchcock and his wife, Alma Reville, are there to sign a deal to film Josephine’s novel, A Shilling for Candles, and Alfred Hitchcock has one or two tricks up his sleeve to keep the holiday party entertained—and expose their deepest fears. But things get out of hand when one of Hollywood’s leading actresses is brutally slashed to death in a cemetery near the village. The following day, fear and suspicion take over in a setting where nothing—and no one—is quite what it seems.
Based in part on the life of Josephine Tey—one of the most popular, best-loved crime writers of the Golden Age, Nicola Upson’s Fear in the Sunlight features legendary film director Alfred Hitchcock as a prominent character—and features the classic suspense and psychological tension that fans of Hitchcock films love.
About the Author
Nicola Upson is the author of five previous Josephine Tey mysteries, including An Expert in Murder, and two works of nonfiction. She has worked in theater and as a freelance journalist. A recipient of an Escalator Award from the Arts Council England, she splits her time between Cambridge and Cornwall.
“A smart, playful pleasure in an increasingly adventurous series.” — Financial Times (London)
“A deft and agreeably darker addition to the series.” — Booklist
“Upson surpasses herself with her mesmerizing and psychologically complex fourth whodunit featuring real-life mystery writer Josephine Tey. . . . The melancholy tone and pitch-perfect prose add depth to the sinister plot.” — Publishers Weekly (starred review)