Cut to the Bone: A Body Farm Novel (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Body Farm Novel series.
- #1: Carved in Bone (Body Farm Novel #1) (Large Print / Paperback): $28.34
- #3: The Devil's Bones: A Body Farm Novel (Mass Market): $9.99
- #4: Bones of Betrayal: A Body Farm Novel (Large Print / Paperback): $26.99
- #5: The Bone Thief: A Body Farm Novel (Large Print / Paperback): $26.99
- #6: The Bone Yard (Body Farm Novel #6) (Large Print / Paperback): $26.99
- #7: The Inquisitor's Key: A Body Farm Novel (Large Print / Paperback): $29.39
- #9: The Breaking Point Lib/E: A Body Farm Novel (Body Farm Novels (Audio) #9) (Compact Disc): $59.99
- #10: Without Mercy Lib/E: A Body Farm Novel (Body Farm Novels (Audio) #10) (Compact Disc): $59.99
Jefferson Bass’s Cut to the Bone, the long-awaited prequel to his New York Times bestselling mystery series, turns the clock back to reveal the Body Farm's creation—and Dr. Bill Brockton's deadly duel with a serial killer.
In the summer of 1992, Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton and Tennessee Senator Albert Gore begin their long-shot campaign to win the White House. In the sweltering hills of Knoxville at the University of Tennessee, Dr. Bill Brockton, the bright, ambitious young head of the Anthropology Department, launches an unusual—some would call it macabre—research facility, unlike any other in existence.
Brockton is determined to revolutionize the study of forensics to help law enforcement better solve crime. But his plans are derailed by a chilling murder that leaves the scientist reeling from a sense of déjà vu. Followed by another. And then another: bodies that bear eerie resemblances to cases from Brockton’s past.
But as the body count rises, the victims’ fatal injuries grow more and more distinctive—a spiral of death that holds dark implications for Brockton...and everyone he holds dear.
About the Author
Jefferson Bass is the writing team of Jon Jefferson and Dr. Bill Bass. Dr. Bass, a world-renowned forensic anthropologist, is the creator of the University of Tennessee's Anthropology Research Facility, widely known as the Body Farm. He is the author or coauthor of more than two hundred scientific publications, as well as a critically acclaimed memoir about his career at the Body Farm, Death's Acre. Dr. Bass is also a dedicated teacher, honored as U.S. Professor of the Year by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education. Jon Jefferson is a veteran journalist, writer, and documentary filmmaker. His writings have been published in the New York Times, Newsweek, USA Today, and Popular Science and broadcast on National Public Radio. The coauthor of Death's Acre, he is also the writer and producer of two highly rated National Geographic documentaries about the Body Farm.