DK Eyewitness Greece, Athens and the Mainland (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this ancient country.
Explore ancient Athens and its mighty Acropolis, discover priceless treasures at Thessaloniki's Archaeological Museum, relax in the unspoiled wilderness of Olympos National Parks or spy spectacular scenery at Vikos Gorge: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within color-coded chapters. Discover the best of Greece, Athens and the Mainland with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Greece, Athens and the Mainland:
- Over 20 color maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of Athens, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Athens and the Mainland, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans detail icons such as the world-famous Pantheon, Ancient Corinth, the fortified palace complex of Mycenae and more
- Color photographs of Greece's ancient sights, historic cities, picturesque towns and villages, incredible architecture, beautiful beaches and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country's fascinating history, welcoming culture, beautiful landscape, ancient wonders, traditional and religious festivals, delicious cuisine and more
- Experience the culture with features on Byzantine architecture; gods, goddesses and heroes; the Trojan War; Greek writers and philosophers; temple architecture; vases and vase painting; and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Athens, the Peloponnese, central and western Greece, and northern Greece
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Greece, Athens and the Mainland is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to this iconic country.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
On a shorter break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Athens guide.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
About the Author
DK was founded in London in 1974 and is now the world leading illustrated reference publisher and a member of the Penguin Random House division of Bertelsmann. DK publishes highly visual, photographic non-fiction for adults and children. DK produces content for consumers in over 100 countries and over 60 languages, with offices in the UK, India, US, Germany, China, Canada, Spain and Australia.
DK's aim is to inspire, educate and entertain readers of all ages, and everything DK publishes, whether print or digital, embodies the unique DK design approach. DK brings unrivalled clarity to a wide range of topics, with a unique combination of words and pictures, put together to spectacular effect. We have a reputation for innovation in design for both print and digital products.
Our adult range spans travel, including the award-winning DK Eyewitness Travel Guides, history, science, nature, sport, gardening, cookery and parenting.
DK’s extensive children’s list showcases a fantastic store of information for children, toddlers and babies. DK covers everything from animals and the human body, to homework help and craft activities, together with an impressive list of licensing titles, including the best-selling LEGO® books.
DK acts as the parent company for Alpha Books, publisher of the Idiot's Guides series.
"Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." — Chicago Tribune
"The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." — The Philadelphia Inquirer